For a better user experience, it is necessary to add some interactions to your chatbot. Use action buttons to enable customers to do an action while browsing your products or services, such as redirecting to a website, starting a phone call, ordering, or playing a video. In this article you will learn how to achieve this in some few simple steps.
Open Item setup page
- On the left menu of you workspace, click on content center.
- Then click on Items.
- Choose the item to which you want to add actions, and click the edit icon on the right side. For adding a new items, check this article.
Add buttons to your Item
- On the Item setup page, click the buttons tab on the left bar.
- By default, the “Use default buttons for product card” checkbox is checked. This option shows the default “View Details” button that opens the info related to the Item.
- If you want to change this action, uncheck the default checkbox. You will have up to 3 action buttons to add to your Item. For each button, type its Label and choose its Action.
- Label: the text you want to appear on the button.
- Action: the command you want to run upon clicking the button.
Sample Action types
- Call phone: uses the Phone number added to the Info tab of the item.
- Visit website: redirects the customer to the website added to the Info tab of the item.
- Buy/Order: starts the order flow, the customer then enters the order data, and a transaction is created.
- Show details: shows the full item description including multimedia.
- Watch video: opens the video added to the item’s Info in a separate tab.
- Request: starts the questions flow. A pop up will appear to enter the SKU of your predefined request item, which has some customized questions in its Options tab. These are the questions that will be asked to the user upon clicking the request action button.
- View: shows the item description as a reply message.
- Add Ticket: starts the ticket flow, the customer then enters his information, and a ticket is submitted.