Email channel is used to connect your current email you use for customer service to Tactful AI shared inbox, using IMAP & SMTP. Once you create and configure your email channel, new emails will be shown inside Agent desktop for agents to handle.
Creating new email channel
- On your Workspace left menu, navigate to Configurations > Channels.
- Click the Connect Email Channel button.
- Type the Brand and Tag fields, then click Create Channel.
Configuring Incoming & Outgoing Email Servers “IMAP & SMTP”
- Check with your email provider and find the IMAP & SMTP server address, port & email.
- It’s recommended to use the SSL/TLS setup.
- Go to your email channel in your Tactful Account then access Platform Settings tab.
- Fill in the your email provider settings.
- Test your IMAP & SMTP configurations before saving.
ℹ️ If testing the IMAP/SMTP failed, make sure you’re using an App Password. Check this Gmail help article as an example.
- Click Save Changes
ℹ️ Connecting Email for the 1st time will retrieve the last 50 emails only.
ℹ️ Spam messages will not appear in the dashboard.
List of IMAP & SMTP configurations from major email providers
- The limit of attachments is 30 MB per message.
- You can attach more than one file but the total size should be less than 30 MB.
- Supported file type: all file types, for more details: Using attachments in Agent Desktop