Before adding WhatsApp to your Tactful account, there are some steps you need to complete. This information about your WhatsApp account is needed so we can create your WhatsApp channel to begin using it for customer communication through Tactful’s Agent Desktop.
ℹ️ Before proceeding with the next steps, make sure your Meta Business Manager is ready and verfied.
Add Whatsapp product to your business manager
- Log into your Facebook developer account.
- From the App Dashboard, add Whatsapp product.
Setup WhatsApp product
1. Associate a Business Manager Account
To associate a Business Manager account with WhatsApp, first go to the App Dashboard. Then, select Products on the left side panel. Next, go to WhatsApp and select Get Started.
ℹ️ Your test phone number is associated with a test WhatsApp Business account that you can’t modify.
- Scroll down to Add phone number.
- Fill in your WhatsApp Business profile information.
3. Next, add your business number details for verification.
2. Configure a Webhook
To get alerted when you receive a message or when a message’s status has changed, you need to set up a Webhooks endpoint for your app.
ℹ️ Setting up Webhooks doesn’t affect the status of your phone number and does not interfere with you sending or receiving messages.
- Create the endpoint. You can create a custom Webhook URL running on a web server, or use services that help you set up an endpoint.
- Go to your App Dashboard, find the WhatsApp product and click Configuration. Then, find the webhooks section and click Configure a webhook. After the click, a dialog appears on your screen and asks you for two items:
- Callback URL: This is the URL Meta will be sending the events to. https://bot.<domain>/whatsapp/receiver
- Verify Token: This string is set up by you, when you create your webhook endpoint.
- Click Verify and Save.
Back in the App Dashboard, click WhatsApp > Configuration in the left-side panel. Under Webhooks, click Manage. A dialog box will open with all the objects you can get notified about. Click Subscribe for all objects.
Create a permanent Token
To generate a permanent token, you must add system users to your Business Manager:
- Go to Business Settings.
- Below Users, click System Users.
- Click Add New System User.
- Give a name to the system user and click Create System User.
- Assign assets such as your Pages, ad accounts and catalogs.
- Click Generate New Token.
- Select your app and your permissions, then click Generate Token.
- Copy and save your token.
ℹ️ You can only share a token once. Each new system user requires a new generated token.
Configure your WhatsApp channel
Since Whatsapp is currently in Beta version, the channel is created through an online support session. All you have to do is send the below information you collected to email@example.com:
- App Id
- App secret
- App name
- Phone number
- Phone number ID
- WhatsApp Business Account ID (WABA)
- Permanent Token