Creating a category helps you arrange your products according to type which will ease customers’ self-service during their purchase journey.
In this article, we show you how to create a new category, so let’s get started.
How to access the Categories dashboard
- Select your workspace if you have more than one.
- On the left menu, click on content center.
- Then click on Categories.
Adding a new category
- Click the +Add Category button.
- You will be directed to the new Category page.
- Type Category Title.
- Type Category Description.
- Click the Parent Category list.
- Select Parent Category.
- Click the Language list.
- Select Category Language.
- Choose whether to add to all channels or a specific channel.
- Check Additional Settings (Available, Collect, Delivery, Offer, Hide).
- Add category image.
To add Category image from your computer, simply do the following:
- Click the upload image button under the camera.
- Choose from recent uploads or click on Drag & drop Files here to upload from you device.
- Click the Select File(s) button.
- Select File name, then click the Open button.
To add Category image from Web Address:
- Click on Web Address.
- Copy & Paste image URL in the Public URL of file to upload field.
- Click the right arrow button.
- To go back to previous uploads, click on Back To Previous Uploads.
- Click the Save Changes button.