The purpose of a chatbot is to answer customers’ questions in a way that improves customer experience. The more you train it, the more relevant the information it provides will be in response to the customer’s query.
This article will get you through how you do this training. So let’s get started!
Even if you’re just getting started with chatbots, you’ve likely heard the term Intent. An intent represents what the customer’s text means, or what they intend to get from the chatbot. To know more about intents, visit this article: Intents Overview
For example, if someone says “where is your location?”, the user’s intent is to know your address. Now, let’s focus on how to create an intent that answers this question. To do so, follow those steps:
Navigate to Artificial Intelligence
- Select your workspace if you have more than one.
- On the left menu, click on Artificial Intelligence > Intents.
- The Intents page will open. You can filter the intents to only view those of type “FAQ” by clicking the Type drop down list and choosing FAQ, then click the Apply button.
Create a new FAQ Intent
- On the Intents page, click the Create Intent button.
- On the Create Intent pop-up, enter a relevant Intent Title. For our example “Address”.
- Select a language from the Language drop down list.
- Choose “FAQ” in the Type of the intent.
- Once you define your intent as an “FAQ Intent“, a drop down list of available FAQs will appear, choose the one you created to show your address as an answer. (see how to create FAQ & answers)
- Do not close this pop-up! We still have some training to do..
- In the Create Examples tab, write as many texts as customers may write.
- Type the example in the User Example box, then press Enter.
- Repeat until you’re confident that your bot has learnt what the question might look like. We recommend a minimum of three example for each intent.
- Click Create to save your intent.
ℹ️ After you’re done adding examples, you must train the AI model so that the chatbot start behaving as you expect it to. Check this video tutorial on how to create an intent and train the AI.
Do not stop training!
Continuous improvement is important for a successful chatbot. Identify new topics and keep enhancing your examples for better chatbot interactions.
Edit an existing FAQ Intent
- On the Intents page, navigate to the required FAQ Intent, and click its Name.
- You can change the Intent’s Info from View Intent Info link on the top left.
- You can add more examples to enhance the chatbot training, by pressing the Add Examples button.
- You can also import or export a bulk of examples using the buttons at the top.